By agreeing to be a volunteer for the Open Tuning Festival, I understand that Festival organizers will provide support and training for my volunteer role(s). I also agree to and acknowledge the following:
- Open Tuning is a free event, with no corporate sponsorship. I will not be compensated financially for my involvement in the festival. I’m volunteering for the love of music and my support of community-building. If I’m a high school student, my volunteer time can be used to earn Community Involvement Hours.
- Open Tuning is an inclusive event at which racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise offensive language and lyrics will not be tolerated.
- I recognize that some performers and audience members may face accessibility challenges. I will make every effort to accommodate those who need assistance.
- I will respect and enable, as much as possible, ongoing passage of street traffic and sidewalk pedestrian access around the venues.
- The Seaton Village neighbourhood is opening its porches, alleyways, and sidewalks to this event. I will encourage respect for the residents and their properties.
- If for any reason I’m unable to fulfil my volunteer commitments, I will notify Festival organizers as soon as possible.
- I will participate with a sense of respect for the concept, a collaborative spirit with my neighbours, and patience for the organizers and performers.
- I will help spread to the word to make Open Tuning a success so that we can do it all again next year!