By agreeing to be a venue host for the Open Tuning Festival, I agree to and acknowledge the following:
- Open Tuning is a free event, with no corporate sponsorship. I will not be compensated for my involvement in the festival. I’m providing a venue for the love of music and my support of community-building.
- Open Tuning is open to all ages, as performers and audience members. I am free to let the event organizers know the genres and types of performances that I am comfortable hosting at my venue.
- If I am able to provide equipment or electricity to performers, I choose to do so without any expectation of compensation from the festival or performers.
- Open Tuning is an inclusive event at which racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise offensive language and lyrics will not be tolerated.
- I recognize that some performers and audience members may face accessibility challenges. Where possible, I will take steps to reduce barriers at my venue and do what I can to accommodate those who need assistance.
- I will respect and enable, as much as possible, ongoing passage of street traffic and sidewalk pedestrian access around the venue.
- I will let my neighbours know about my participation in the festival in advance and will be sensitive to their concerns before and during the festival.I will participate with a sense of respect for the concept, a collaborative spirit with my neighbours, and patience for the organizers and performers.
- I will help spread to the word to make Open Tuning a success so that we can do it all again next year!