VOLUNTEER ● HOST ● PERFORM
Open Tuning is always looking for volunteers because we are a free event: no advertising, no sponsors, no financial compensation. We are 100% volunteer driven. We do this for the love of music and community – and this event is a great way to share both. We want all of our volunteers to gain a positive experience – go away happy, and hopefully return for next year’s festival.
Open Tuning 2019 is already on track to be the bestest yet. Last year, we managed more than 100 acts at 20+ venues – with a great team of volunteers working with us before, during, and after the festival.
If you have some time either before or on June 8th, and want to help fill Toronto streets with free music for everyone, get in touch with us – we’d love to work with you. This is also a great opportunity for high school students to get their volunteer hours.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
If you want to help:
- Read (and agree to) our volunteer charter
- Learn about the different types of OT Volunteers (see below)
- Watch this space! Follow our site + social media to learn when our volunteer form goes live – later this month!
Student Volunteers can receive Community Hours Credits, so when you register, please indicate if you are a student.
Further instructions on scheduling and training will be provided.
WHAT TYPES OF VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED?
Open Tuning needs volunteers for both advanced planning and festival day:
- Festival Coordination Team: Involved in festival organization & planning. Meet regularly in the months prior to the festival.
- Volunteer Roles: Help with specific pre-festival and festival day tasks.
Open Tuning needs help with:
👥Volunteer recruitment and coordination
🎸Musicians recruitment and coordination
🔊Sound techs recruitment and coordination
💪Sound equipment and transportation
💰Fundraising and finances
🏠Venues and rain/shade plans
📱Graphic design, social media, website, email communications
🎙️Media communications & promotion
- Pre-Festival Postering/Festival Signage Distribution
- Graphic Design
- Sound Tech
- Venue Host
- Sound Equipment Pick-Up & Delivery
- Festival Day Volunteer (eg. Festival Ambassador, Info Tent staff, volunteer refreshments, etc.)