VOLUNTEER FOR OPEN TUNING 2020
Open Tuning is always looking for volunteers because we are a free event: no advertising, no sponsors, no financial compensation. We are 100% volunteer driven. We do this for the love of music and community – and this event is a great way to share both. We want all of our volunteers to gain a positive experience – go away happy, and hopefully return for next year’s festival.
Last year’s Open Tuning Music Festival was a huge success (if we may say so ourselves 🙂 We managed more than 130 acts at 30+ venues – with a great team of volunteers working with us before, during, and after the festival. And yup, that kind of success takes a bunch of work to make it happen.
If you have some time either before or on June 6th, 2020 and want to help fill Toronto streets with free music for everyone, get in touch with us – we’d love to work with you. This is also a great opportunity for high school students to get their volunteer hours.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
If you want to help on or before June 6th, 2020:
- Read and agree to our volunteer charter
- Learn about the different types of OT Volunteers (see below)
- Let us know when you will be available and how best to contact you by filling out our secure registration form:
Student Volunteers can receive Community Hours Credits, so when you register, please indicate you are a student. More info (downloadable PDF) on how this works.
Further instructions on scheduling and training are provided after registration.
WHAT TYPES OF VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED?
Open Tuning needs volunteers for both advanced planning and festival day:
- Festival Coordination Team: Involved in festival organization & planning. Meet regularly in the months prior to the festival.
- Volunteer Roles: Help with specific pre-festival and festival day tasks.
Open Tuning needs help with:
👥Volunteer recruitment and coordination
🎸Musician recruitment and coordination
🔊Sound techs recruitment and coordination
💪Sound equipment and transportation
💰Fundraising and finances
🏠Venues and rain/shade plans
📱Graphic design, social media, website, email communications
🎙️Media communications & promotion
- Pre-Festival Postering/Festival Signage Distribution
- Graphic Design
- Sound Tech
- Venue Host
- Sound Equipment Pick-Up & Delivery
- Festival Day Volunteer (eg. Festival Ambassador, Info Tent staff, volunteer refreshments, etc.)