By deciding to be a performer at the Open Tuning Festival, I agree to and acknowledge the following:
- Open Tuning is a free event, with no corporate sponsorship. I will not be compensated for my involvement in the festival. I’m playing for the love of music and my support of community-building.
- Open Tuning is open to performers and audience members of all ages. I will be sensitive to the diversity of ages and backgrounds of potential audience members, and will choose my material to ensure that it is appropriate for this broad range.
- Open Tuning is an inclusive event at which racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise offensive language and lyrics will not be tolerated.
- I will participate with a sense of respect for the concept, a collaborative spirit with my neighbours and fellow performers, and patience for the volunteer organizers.
- I am responsible for self-promotion of my performance and recognize that Open Tuning will do its best to promote all performers equally on a best efforts basis.
- I will help spread to the word to make Open Tuning a success so that we can do it all again next year!