Ever thought about hosting live music at your house?
Here’s your chance!
Open Tuning is a free music festival that fills the porches, lanes, alleys, parks and shops of downtown Toronto’s Seaton Village with music of all genres. Hosting your own venue is an amazingly cool way to spend your afternoon and/or evening, presenting live music and performers to appreciative audiences in this unique community-driven event.
● Want a specific genre? No problem.
● Acoustic or electric? Your choice.
● Where? Your porch. Your garage. Your laneway. Your front lawn. Your store front. Your creativity can make this happen.
● When? June 10th. Pick any time slot between 2-9 pm.
● Still not sure? Your Open Tuning Festival organizing team can answer your questions and offer support.
Last year we had over 100 performers playing in more than 20 neighbourhood venues. The acts are lining up to play this year – we just need spaces. If you are interested in being an Open Tuning host and making magic happen, visit the venue page on the Open Tuning website to submit your name and location details: https://opentuningfestival.wordpress.com/venues/
Let’s Make Seaton Village Sing!
Please join us on Monday, March 6 for a
Special Open Tuning Super Friends’ Meeting.
Our goal will be to share ideas and suggestions about communication and promotion of Open Tuning 2017. If you’re interested in:
- marketing & PR
- media communications
- graphic design
- promo videos
- social media
then this meeting is for you! Help us make Open Tuning 2017 the best one yet!
We’ll be meeting at Christie Pits Pub’s where it’s world-famous food and drink will be available for purchase. – See you there! (R.S.V.P. below. Capes are optional)
• When: Monday, March 6, 2017, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m.
• Where: Christie Pits Pub, 814 Bloor St. W. (downstairs)
Please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Open Tuning Organizing Team
You know you’re an Open Tuning Super Friend if…
- You love the idea of a free, volunteer-driven community music festival
- You can’t believe how much fun you had at previous Open Tuning Festivals
- You’re already looking forward to Open Tuning 2017
- You have an idea or 2 (or more) that could make Open Tuning even better (promotion, organization, scheduling, accessibility considerations, photography/videography….)
Open Tuning 2017 Festival set for Saturday June 10th!
That’s right – on June 10th 2017, the 4th annual Open Tuning festival will once again resonate on the porches, garages and local businesses throughout Seaton Village – Toronto’s coolest downtown neighbourhood.
This fabulously free festival is entirely volunteer organized and open to any and all musicians who can contribute their talent for free. Open Tuning 2016 saw over 20 community stages host more than 100 acts, including first-timers, some-timers, long-timers and up-and-comers + a few super stars. Everyone is welcome!
Explore this site to learn more about how you can join in and help us make 2017 another musically memorable success.
Follow us on
Musicians: feel free contact us to reserve a performance slot for 2017.
A huge thank you
to everyone who donated to our Crowdfunding campaign both leading up to, and following Open Tuning Fest. As many of you know we operate with zero corporate sponsorship and rely on crowdfunding to offset costs of equipment rentals, printing and permits. We appreciate the generous support of our audience and community – we could not have done it without you.
If you are interested in contributing to our Crowdfunding effort you can still donate by via the link and image below.
See you next festival!
OT’s volunteer organizers
Still basking in Saturday’s festivities, the Open Tuning team would once again like to express heartfelt thanks and gratitude to everyone who attended, performed and volunteered to make #OpenTuning2016 a huge success!
Here’s what some attendees are saying about this year’s festival:
- “Truly the best free music festival in all of Toronto”
- “I adore Open Tuning Music Festival. Thanks for all your hard work to make this such an amazing, community festival!”
- “First time at the Festival and it was really something special! Hope it long continues!!! Congrats to all involved.”
A huge thank you goes out to everyone who donated to our Crowdfunding campaign both leading up to, and following Open Tuning Fest. As many of you know we operate with zero corporate sponsorship and rely on crowdfunding to offset costs of equipment rentals, printing and permits. We appreciate the generous support of our audience and community – we could not have done it without you.
If you are interested in contributing to our Crowdfunding effort you can donate by via the linked photo below.
See you next year!
OT’s volunteer organizers
Open Tuning is ready to go tomorrow rain or shine. Organizers have been monitoring the forecast and will have the necessary shelters in place for the festival to proceed.
The afternoon forecast has improved with weather becoming more stable and temperatures climbing to a festive 30 degrees celsius. However pop-up thunderstorms have not yet been ruled out. In the eventuality of thunderstorms, venues may be shut down temporarily.
Any weather related interruptions of festival activity will be posted on our website at www.opentuning.org and on twitter @opentuningfest