OPEN TUNING MUSIC FESTIVAL
It’s Free. It’s Unique. It’s DIY!
Energized by the success of the past five years, Open Tuning: A Free Music Festival is back! On June 8th 2019, the streets of Toronto’s Seaton Village will explode once again with live music at unique venues across the neighbourhood – rain or shine.
Our festival lineup usually boasts over 100 acts – musicians of every age, genre, experience and level, with youth bands and first time performers, sometime players and seasoned professionals. They will share their songs and sounds for the love of music at over 20 creative venues throughout Seaton Village neighbourhood.
Open Tuning is a free festival celebrating live music through creating, performing, experiencing, and listening. The 6th annual Open Tuning Music Festival will take place on June 8, 2019 in Seaton Village, a dynamic and diverse Toronto neighbourhood bordered by Bloor, Dupont, Bathurst, and Christie. Musicians from all genres, ages, and levels of experience are invited to self-register and perform at venues such as front porches, parks, alleyways, garages, and street corners throughout the neighbourhood.
OPEN TUNING FACT SHEET
- OPEN TUNING 2019 happens on June 8
- OPEN TUNING takes place in Seaton Village, a bustling Toronto neighbourhood, bordered by Dupont Ave., Bloor St., Bathurst St., and Christie St.
- OPEN TUNING welcomes performers and listeners from everywhere to share a great day of music together – at no charge
- OPEN TUNING’s annual lineups include more than 100 artists at over 20 venues across the neighbourhood. The festival attracts musicians of every age, genre, experience and level, from first timers and some timers to professionals and recording artists.
- OPEN TUNING was founded in 2014 by a group of local residents, inspired by la Fête de la Musique in Paris, France
- OPEN TUNING is completely free and entirely volunteer run, with no paid advertising or corporate sponsorship or compensation of any kind
- OPEN TUNING: it’s a FREE, UNIQUE, DIY FESTIVAL!!